Latest newsNew pests and diseases emerging as a result of climate change are having a major impact on the UK's trees, an expert report has warned.
Floods has submerged 1,880 houses in 12 villages in Muara Kaman Sub-district, Kutai Kartanegara District, East Kalimantan Province, over the last one month.
The Arabian Sea at the Makran subduction zone is more prone to earthquakes and tsunami hazards than scientists had predicted earlier, a recent research has revealed.
A deep 7.0-magnitude earthquake struck near the Northern Mariana Islands in the western Pacific on Tuesday, the US Geological Survey said, but no tsunami warning was issued.
A strong earthquake registered as M 5.3 occurred off the coast of Barbuda in eastern Caribbean, on April 30, 2013 at 06:56 UTC. The epicenter was located in sea, about 50 km off the coast or 37 km (22 miles) WSW of Codrington, Barbuda, 51 km (31 miles) NW of Saint John’s, Antigua and Barbuda, 65 km (40 miles) ENE of Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis, 136 km (84 miles) NNW of Sainte-Rose, Guadeloupe at coordinates 17.488°N, 62.142°W.
Global Network for the Forecasting of Earthquakes, International Academy of Science H&E (AS) and World Organization for Scientific Cooperation informs:
On 1-4 December 2009 in Scientific Research Institute of forecasting and studying the earthquakes (Baku, Azerbaijan) will be held the international scientific seminar on subject "Efficiency, problems and prospects of development of international system of earthquakes forecasting".
Participants of international scientific seminar: scientific delegations of Pakistan, Indonesia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Czechia, Romania, Turkey, Russia.
On 30 November - 5 December 2009 will be held the training of GNFE and SRIPSE for scientific experts of Pakistan and Indonesia (scientific experts of international stations of ATROPATENA-PK and ATROPATENA-ID).
On 03 December will be held the meeting of the Administrative Board of GNFE in the conference-hall of the Center of Administration of GNFE in the address of AZ1065 Baku, Azerbaijan, 19/21 Ibrahimbeyov St.
PROGRAMParticipants: Delegation of scientists of Pakistan (scientific experts of station ATROPATENA-PK, Islamabad); Delegation of scientists of Indonesia (the representative of the government and scientific experts of station ATROPATENA-ID, Yogyakarta); Scientists from Azerbaijan, Romania, Czechia, Turkey, Russia and Kazakhstan.
- On November, 30th - (10:00 - 13 : 00) demonstration of the international stations of forecasting of earthquakes ATROPATENA-AZ1 and ATROPATENA-AZ2. Presentation of stations of ATROPATENA. (Prof. Dr. Elchin Khalilov); Dinner: (13:00 - 14:00); Discussions (14:00 - 17:30) 19:00 - National cuisine, restaurant.
- On December, 01st - (10:30 - 13:00) Presentation of Global Network for the Forecasting of Earthquakes; Dinner: (13:00 - 14:00); (14:30-16:30) the first results of work of GNFE (Prof. Dr. Elchin Khalilov); (16:30-18:00) Discussions;
- On December, 02nd - (10:00-12:00) the Information of heads of scientific groups of Pakistan and Indonesia; (12:00-13:00) Discussions; Dinner: 13:00-14:00 Reports (14:00-18:00): The report of Mr. Pavel Kalenda (Czechia); The report of Dr. Armand Stanica (Romania); The report of Dr. Beyler Aslanov (Azerbaijan); Scientific messages of scientists of Turkey, Kazakhstan, Russia. Discussions;
- On December, 03rd - (10:00-13:00) the Public meeting of the Board of GNFE; Dinner: 13:00-14:00 (14:00 - 15:00) Discussion and acknowledgement of COMMUNIQUE GEOCHANGE. 15:00 - excursion.
- On December, 04th - (10:00 - 13:00) visiting of station of forecasting the earthquakes Binagadi and the big seismic platform for feigning earthquakes (Project NATO, Prof. Dr. Elchin Khalilov); Dinner: 13:00-14:00 14:00-18:00 Excursion
- On December, 05th - Sessions of Regional Section of the Black sea -Caspian sea and Presidium of the Azerbaijan Section of the International Academy of Sciences.
- On December, 06th (rest)
for Scientific Cooperation
© 2008 All rigths reserved